Module Author – Ashwini Amaratunga; Peer review – Bethany Boulton
- Analyse and discuss main reasons for conflict in the ED –resources, psychological needs and values.
- Describe the repercussions of conflict for both staff and patients.
- Analyse your own current approach to conflict using the Thomas and Kilmann matrix (assertiveness vs cooperativeness) applied to a theoretical situation.
- Demonstrate use of Marco and Smith’s model for conflict resolution in the ED, using the cases provided (1-3)
Conflict is often the result of mis-communication and is fuelled by ineffective communication – Louise. B. Andrews MD
Conflict Resolution – The Synopsis
- Facilitator material
- Learner material
WRAP EM blogposts on this topic
- Incivility Hurts – incivility, kindness, patient care and your teams performance https://wrapem.org/2019/08/20/incivility-hurts/
- Rudeness, civility and patient care – The Podcast https://wrapem.org/2020/06/03/podcast-incivility-and-its-impact-on-our-ability-to-provide-good-patient-care/
- Conflict in the ED – A Trainee perspective https://wrapem.org/2018/03/19/managing-conflict-in-the-ed-a-trainee-perspective/
1 thought on “Conflict resolution”
Thannks for this