Module Author – Ashwini Amaratunga; Peer review – Bethany Boulton
- Discuss why effective communication is paramount in the ED.
- Identify the types of communicators in the room.
- Describe the barriers to effective communication in the ED, based on the analysis of a few case studies provided.
- Discuss solutions for improving communication, in a variety of situations. – “below ten thousand feet”, closed loop communication, graded assertiveness, sign posting, effects of recency and primacy, use of silence.
- Demonstrate using the above mentioned solutions in simulated situations.
- Facilitator material
- Learner material