Module Author – Shahina Braganza; Peer review – Charley McNabb
At the end of this module, the participant will be able to
- Understand and describe the relationship between leadership and management.
- Describe various models of effective leadership in context: transformational; transactional; collaborative; phronetic.
- Understand the paradigm of leadership – ‘The Doctor as Team Leader’.
- Identify potential barriers to leadership development and synthesise strategies to resolve (mitigate) them. Then, potentiate their own leadership development in their workplace.
- Facilitator material
- Learner material
WRAP EM blog posts on this topic
- Daring to lead in Medicine – Part 1 https://wrapem.org/2019/10/21/daring-to-lead-in-medicine-part-1/
- Daring to lead in Medicine, Part 2 https://wrapem.org/2019/11/03/daring-to-lead-in-medicine-part-2/
- Leaders create the reality for our teams https://wrapem.org/2019/07/10/winter-is-coming/
- Incivility Hurts – incivility, kindness, patient care and leading your teams’ performance https://wrapem.org/2019/08/20/incivility-hurts/
- Rudeness, civility and patient care – The Podcast https://wrapem.org/2020/06/03/podcast-incivility-and-its-impact-on-our-ability-to-provide-good-patient-care/
- Tips and tricks when transitioning from Resident to Registrar https://wrapem.org/2019/04/13/transitioning-from-resident-to-registrar-in-the-ed-6-top-tips/
- Creating Longevity in Emergency Medicine https://wrapem.org/2019/04/11/wellness-week-emergency-physician-performance-over-a-career-span/
- The ‘Perfect ED’ – A FACEM perspective https://wrapem.org/2019/04/03/a-recipe-for-the-perfect-ed-by-simon-judkins/
- The ‘Perfect ED’ – A Clinical Nurse Perspective https://wrapem.org/2019/04/10/the-perfect-ed-a-nursing-perspective-by-katie-east-gch/
- The Perfect ED – A Trainee perspective https://wrapem.org/2019/04/07/the-best-ed-in-the-world-forgive-me-by-dan-pitt/
- Compassion and it’s role in your Department https://wrapem.org/2018/08/26/compassionate-conversations-cc-dftb18/
- Dr Khairil Musa’s Lesson from the Stage https://wrapem.org/2019/09/23/lessons-from-the-stage-by-khairil-musa/
- Compassion, Cognition and Complex Decision making with Dr Fiona Kerr https://wrapem.org/2020/03/09/podcast-compassion-cognition-and-complex-decision-making-with-dr-fiona-kerr/
- Leading by putting your self care first https://wrapem.org/2020/02/11/put-on-your-own-oxygen-mask-first-but-how/