Module Author – Una Harrington; Peer review – Suneth Jayasekara
- Stress – describe it’s effects on the physiology and psychology of our performance?
- Outline a Threat Versus Challenge assessment
- Describe strategies to increase self-awareness to help optimize performance.
- Outline strategies to optimize performance – before, during and after a stressful event.
- Facilitator material
- Learner material
WRaP EM blog posts on this topic
- Incivility Hurts – incivility, kindness, patient care and your teams performance https://wrapem.org/2019/08/20/incivility-hurts/
- Rudeness, civility and patient care – The Podcast https://wrapem.org/2020/06/03/podcast-incivility-and-its-impact-on-our-ability-to-provide-good-patient-care/
- Tips and tricks when transitioning from Resident to Registrar https://wrapem.org/2019/04/13/transitioning-from-resident-to-registrar-in-the-ed-6-top-tips/
- Creating Longevity in Emergency Medicine https://wrapem.org/2019/04/11/wellness-week-emergency-physician-performance-over-a-career-span/
- Creating the link between Wellness and Performance – a Podcast introduction https://wrapem.org/2019/03/21/podcast-wellness-and-performance-an-introduction-to-the-relationship/
- Addressing the missing link in debriefing ‘for real’ https://wrapem.org/2018/10/15/is-this-the-real-life-or-is-this-just-fantasy/
- Effective reflective practice – The Podcast https://wrapem.org/2019/10/07/podcast-effective-reflective-practice-for-performance-optimisation/
- Bring you’re ‘A’ game ( when you feel like you’re on your ‘Z’ game) https://wrapem.org/2019/08/02/podcast-bringing-your-best-self-to-work-some-practical-tips-for-the-days-when-bringing-your-a-game-seems-impossible/
- Teaching Performance Optimisation – The Podcast https://wrapem.org/2019/06/25/podcast-teaching-performance-optimisation-in-the-healthcare-setting-some-practical-tips/