The intellectual spoke recognises the contribution that being intellectually stimulated makes towards an individual’s state of wellbeing. As human beings, our intellect is our biggest strength, and humans gain enjoyment out of using their intellect to make positive change.
Intellectual wellness is gained by activities such as
- Lifelong learning – participating in ongoing professional development
- Being creative and curious
- Collaborating with colleagues – projects, case based discussions, M&M meetings, Awesome and excellent meetings
- Developing a special interest/ niche
- Reflective practice
- Transcendence – gaining enjoyment from helping others learn and develop